As pretty much an optimist, I look at the glass half full. So upon my return from the most fabulous vacation, EVER, and as my longing for and missing of Greece did not diminish... I challenged myself to name the top 10 reasons I'm happy NOT to be in Greece.
I'm thrilled to report that it was not that difficult, in fact the list easily reached twenty.
10. Show off the recipe for Watermelon + Feta salad I learned from my dear friend.
9. Complain about the Oregon weather.
8. Live in a world of fantasy, swim in a saline pool and pretend it's the Aegean.
7. Choose another beer other than Amstel or Fix for my afternoon Radler (beer + sprite)
6. Don't have to decide which taverna to have dinner, there aren't any.
5. Finally know what it's like to desperately miss a beach.
4. Make the best Greek salad in the neighborhood... hell, SW Portland!
3. Being in the safety of my own home
when I heard Bristol and Levi were back together.
2. Smile when I still find sand somewhere.
and the number one reason I'm happy NOT to be in Greece...
1. I can flush TP down the toilet again!